Picked up a few things at Target this evening, and decided to whip this tasty thing up for dinner. So, while we may have a late Supper, it wil be a good one!
The only thing I did different was- I put the chicken on the bottom, added Broccoli, and I topped it with crushed Ritz crackers that I crumbled in a bag.
Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 1 – 10 1/2 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 3/4 cup uncooked Instant Rice
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Veggies (I use broccoli instead)
- 1 1/4 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat the oven to 375*
- Mix soup, onion powder, black pepper, water and vegetables together, and spread in the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Top with chicken, and cover with foil.
- Cook for 50 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with Cheese, and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Now – here is how I change it up a little!
I add the cheese to the mixture, and I actually put the chicken in the bottom of the pan. I don’t cover it. Instead, I top it with crushed Ritz crackers that have been mixed with a little bit of unsalted butter.
This is one of my families favorites!
Low Carb? Try tossing some raw cauliflower in a food processor, and then using it in place of the rice!