I am a huge fan of Pecans and Pumpkin. I’m not really sure why, I just think they compliment each other really well. So, when I found this recipe, I knew I had to make them! I made these last year for gifts, and I wish I had saved a picture! I made this recipe in mini loafs, and wrapped them individually in a cellophane bag, with a gift tag.
These are a great way to really give your heart in your gifts. Not only are you creating something for someone, but you can get your family involved in the baking process as well!
Pumpkin Pecan Loaves
- 3 & 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Cups white sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 – 15 oz. can 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 Cup water, room temp
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup butter, unsalted
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into 6 mini loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- http://edge.quantserve.com/quant.jsFor glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled
The image above is from the original recipe from A Taste of Home.