Here is a great list for Thanksgiving to help you not lose your shit.
Yes, I went there lol.
I got this from The Chew on ABC. I love this show, I love the cast, and I love the tips and recipes. This year is the first time I’ve watched for Thanksgiving, and I am so glad I did. The last couple weeks has been filled with so many yummy recipes. But this little “Turkey Timeline” was exactly what I needed. I thought I would share it with all of you.
No, I did alter it a little. My guest wont be getting here until about 4:30, so I wont be doing appetizers, so I’ll be taking a minute for myself. You can adjust times however you need!
Turkey Time Line
- Set Table
- Salt/Brine Turkey
- Assemble Stuffing and put in refrigerator
- Take Turkey out of refrigerator
- Remove insides
- Pat dry
- Preheat oven to 325
- Season Turkey as desired and place in oven
- Set up drinks
- Chill wine if needed
- Make ice
- Prep Stovetop Side Dishes
- Peel potatoes and place in water
- Mix Green bean casserole together and place in casserole dish
- Take a few minutes to yourself
- Prepare Appetizers if needed
- Check Turkey for Doneness
- Remove Turkey from oven once it hits 165*
- Remove Stuffing and place in a casserole dish to finish baking
- Let Turkey Rest
- Start Boiling Potatoes
- Put Casserole in oven
- Make the Gravy
- Check Potatoes
- Place Butter on table
- Warm Rolls in the oven
- Pull rolls from the oven, cover in a basket
- Mash the potatoes
- Cook Corn
- Start moving food from Kitchen to Table
- Carve Turkey!